|Fare Class||One Way||Round Trip|
|Adult (60 and Younger)||$4.50||$9|
|Children (Under 12)||$1||$2|
Secondary stops are $1 and must be approved by the driver.
We only accept cash and local checks.
Columbia County Transit is available for all county residents. We provide "Curb to Curb" service from the pickup address to the destination. We serve all of Columbia County and limited parts of Augusta-Richmond County with the exception of areas south of Gordon Highway:
- In order to obtain service you must book your appointments a minimum of one business day in advance. (Appointments for Monday must be made before the close of business on Friday.) We reserve the right to decline service if the required amount of advance notice is not given.
- The earliest drop off time is 10 am and the latest pick-up time is 3:30 pm (There is no guarantee of return service if the client fails to call by 3:30 pm)
- Payment must be made at time of pick-up. (We accept local checks and cash only.)
- Clients must be able to enter and exit the vehicle on their own ability. Any persons requiring physical assistance must provide a personal escort. (Medical escorts will not be charged a fare and they are required to exit and remain with their client until return service is arranged.)
- Proper dress and good hygiene are required for service. (The driver reserves the right to decline service due to public health concerns.)
- Packages are limited by number and size to what the client can carry and store safely under their seat. (Oversized or numerous packages will not be permitted.)
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited in all county vehicles; we will not transport clients who are under the influence of either one.
- Drivers reserve the right to decline service to abusive or disruptive clients when they feel it would endanger other clients or themselves. (Profanity is prohibited.)
- Riders are required to be ready for pick-up between the hours of 8:30 am and 3:30 pm. In certain instances the client may be picked up an hour and a half (1.5 hours) in advance of their scheduled appointment to ensure timely delivery of service to all clients.
- Clients must call Dispatch when ready for pick-up and provide their location.
- All clients are required to use seat belts at all times while in the vehicle.
- Drivers will wait a maximum of five minutes at each pick-up before considering the client to be a "no-show". (After a client has 10% "no-shows" in a 30 day period, service will be suspended for 30 days.)
- Cancellations of service must be called in by the client at the start of each business day (no later than 8 am). Failure to make timely cancellations will constitute a "no-show".
- No one under the age of 18 may ride unless accompanied by an adult (over the age of 18). (Proof of age may be required for service.)
- No animals allowed on the van except medically required service animals.
For Service Call: 706-556-0807.
Notifying the Public of Rights Under Title VI.
Columbia County operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with Columbia County.
For more information on Columbia County's civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact 311 or 706-868-3375; TTY: 706-868-3375; or email us or visit our administrative office at 630 Ronald Reagan Drive, Evans GA 30809. For more information, visit the Columbia website.
If information is needed in another language, contact 311 or 706-868-3375; TTY: 706-868-3375.
Si se necesita información en otro idioma, comuníquese con 311 or 706-868-3375; TTY: 706-868-3375.
You may also file your complaint directly with the FTA at: Federal Transit Administration Office of Civil Rights Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor - TCR 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590.
Columbia County Public Transit will provide wheelchair accommodation provided the chair does not exceed the following dimensions: 30 inches in width, 48 inches in length and the weight of the chair, when occupied, does not exceed 600 pounds.
Columbia County Public Transit will make reasonable modifications to policies, practices, or procedures when the modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability or to provide program accessibility to its services, subject to the limitations of Federal Regulations § 37.169(c)(1)-(3). Individuals requesting modifications to Columbia County Public Transit service shall contact the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator and describe what they need in order to use the service. Individuals requesting modifications are not required to use the term "reasonable modification" when making a request.
- 2015-01-26 Columbia County Title VI Plan (PDF)
- ADA complaint Form (PDF)
- Columbia County Title VI Plan (PDF)
- Condado De Columbia (PDF)
- Title VI Complaint Form (PDF)
- Title VI Complaint Korean (PDF)
- Title VI Complaint Spanish (PDF)
- Title VI Notice Korean (PDF)
- Title VI Procedures and Compliance (PDF)
- Tituli VI Aviso Al Publico (PDF)