What are my setbacks?

Setbacks are determined by your zoning district and the classification of the road your lot fronts on. In general, the setbacks for single family residential homes are as follows: R-A (Front 75'-125', Side 10', Rear 25') R-1 (Front 65'-115', Side 10', Rear 25'), R-2 (Front 55'-110', Side 10', Rear 10'), R-3 (Front 50'-105', Side 10' Rear 10'), R-4 (Front 55'-110', Side 10', Rear 10'). Planned districts such as PUD, PDD, and S-1 may have different setbacks. Please contact the Planning Department at 706-868-3400 to determine the road classification for your property to determine the front setback.

Show All Answers

1. Who decides on what should be acquired as greenspace or greenways?
2. Is Columbia County considering interconnectivity of bike and pedestrian facilities while planning greenways and trails?
3. If my land is reclassified as permanently protected greenspace through a conservation easement, does this mean that I have to permit public access?
4. What are the benefits and downside of a conservation easement to the landowner?
5. What are greenways?
6. What is greenspace?
7. Where can I find a copy of the zoning ordinance?
8. How can I verify the zoning and permitted uses on my property?
9. Can I put a mobile home on my property?
10. How long does a rezoning or variance process take?
11. Can I subdivide my land?
12. Can I have chickens on my property?
13. What are my setbacks?
14. How can I verify the zoning and permitted uses on my property?
15. What can I do with my property as it is currently zoned?