The Plan Review Department is responsible for the smooth progress toward approval of public and private site development plans as well as final and individual plats.
The review includes verification of compliance with local, state and federal regulations in each of the following 11 review areas:
- Environmental Compliance
- Erosion, Sedimentation, and Pollution Control
- Fire Protection
- Floodplain Management
- Health Department (project with swimming pools or septic systems)
- Planning/Zoning Compliance
- Stormwater Management
- Traffic Engineering
- Water Utility
Plan Review Forms
- Plan Review Application Commercial (PDF)
- Plan Review Application Major Subdivision (PDF)
- Plan Review Application Final Plat and/or As-built (PDF)
- Electronic Site Plan Submission website
Final Subdivision Plats:
Staff is available for pre-development consultations. Understanding County's expectations is paramount to assessing a project's feasibility, cost and schedule. Call to make an appointment with the Plan Review Team at 706-447-1376.
Minor Subdivision Plats
As per Columbia County Code Section 74-42, proposed subdivisions resulting in not more than 4 lots or tracts including the remaining portion of the original tract can be processed administratively. Please contact Kevin Fort at 706-312-7196 for additional information.
Land Disturbance Permit
On June 7, 2016, the Board of Commissioners adopted a policy to require all projects with land disturbing activity to complete a Land Disturbance Application page.