Officer's Memorial Site
A Living Tribute to our fallen Brothers and Sisters that no longer walk that Thin Blue Line!
"The Columbia County Sheriff's Office Memorial Site is established to recognize Columbia County Law Enforcement and Corrections Officers who have been killed in the line of duty, who have died while proudly serving and have passed away after having honorably served this agency and the citizens of Columbia County.
These brave men and women were committed to the "Vision" of the Columbia County Sheriff's Office and the citizens of our community. They were dedicated to the pursuit of excellence, the protection of life and property, and the proud tradition of the public safety service. The people of Columbia County and Georgia are eternally grateful to those who have sacrificed so much in their quest to serve and protect."
- Sheriff Clay N Whittle
The Columbia County Sheriff's Office does not represent this list to be all-inclusive. It is expected that there will be additional names added from the past and unfortunately, there will be names added from the future. If you are aware of an individual from this agency, your community, or your family who should be listed on the Memorial but is not, please take the time to provide us with that information.
Killed in the Line of Duty
- Deputy Wesley Mack, 12 July 2004
Died While on Active Duty
- Deputy Robert Perry, 1 July 1990
- Deputy Robert Bremer, 1 October 1992
- Sheriff Otis L. Hensley, 16 October 1994
- Captain William Cooper, 9 March 1998
- Captain Leonard (Butch) F. Cliett, 16 November 2001
- Lieutenant Michael Haywood, 24 April 2008
- Investigator W Frank Dodson, 3 May 2018
Died After Having Honorably Served
- Sergeant Tony Cliett, 4 October 1994
- Deputy Freddie Trammell, 4 May 1999
- Lieutenant Gary Palmer, 10 July 2002
- Lieutenant Mike Newsome, 8 February 2003
- Deputy Richard Geddings, 7 January 2004
- Deputy Clay Dent, 3 October 2003
- Deputy Denny Freeman, 13 August 2004
- Communications Officer Mary Johnson
- Investigator Mike Cullinan, 27 April 2015